In accordance with the recent Australian Government announcement, Excelsia College is looking forward to welcoming returning international students to studying in the country. Currently, international arrivals must receive a PCR test on arrival and isolate for three days. However, as the Australian Government recently announced, from 15 December, the international student community will be able to travel to Sydney without needing to apply for an exemption or quarantine.* Provided international students are fully vaccinated, they will be able to enrol in their course of their choosing. For students unable to return to campus until later on in 2022, Excelsia will still be providing online learning opportunities.
If you are an international student interested in studying at Excelsia College, we encourage you to focus on your application to the College, accept your offer, and enrol as soon as possible to begin your student visa application process. Your student visa is essential for travel to Australia.
Please ensure you meet the strict requirements for entry to Sydney.
- Be fully vaccinated with a completed dosage of a vaccine approved or recognised by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). You are considered fully vaccinated from seven days following your second vaccination.
- Hold a valid student visa.
- Provide proof of your vaccination status.
- Present a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test taken within three days of departure.
The current list of approved or recognised vaccines include:
- AstraZeneca (VAXZEVRIA),
- AstraZeneca/Serum Institute of India (COVISHIELD)
- BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm)
- Covaxin (Bharat Biotech)
- Janssen-Cilag (Johnson & Johnson)
- Moderna (SPIKEVAX)
- Pfizer (COMIRNATY)
- Sinovac (CORONAVAC)
We look forward to hosting back-to-campus events that many students have missed over the past two years!
*More information on entry requirements for international students can be found on the Australian Government website. Please note information is subject to change.