I am pleased to announce that Excelsia College has introduced a new school, the school of Social Work. The School of Social Work will accommodate the strong prospects for growth in this field over the coming five to ten years. It will be operating in 2021, with a vibrant range of academic offerings and opportunities.
Our course development team, under the leadership of Associate Professor George Odhiambo, worked on the development of the Master of Social Work (Qualifying). Whilst the course is self-accredited, the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) Board of Directors has now approved the Excelsia College Master of Social Work (Qualifying) program. Our Christian perspective and faith-integration ensures that the course is unique in the marketplace, further differentiating from other higher education providers.
This is a great milestone for the College and we are looking forward to welcoming a new group of students to the School of Social Work as early as February 2021. Studying Social Work at Excelsia College will provide students with:
- A powerful, hands-on introduction to the world of social work.
- Highly-qualified, friendly and experienced academic staff who are ready to help you on your journey.
- Smaller class sizes where you are treated as more than just a number.
- Study with a community of likeminded students.
- Work placement that gives hands on experience (500 hours per year) and professional skills in a range of settings (health, aged care, community services, child and family welfare, mental health, community work, research, policy and planning).
- Course includes assisting students with locating professional practicums’ in agencies such as Anglicare, Catholic Care, Centrelink, Department of Community Services, Hospitals, Community Health Centres, Local Government, etc.
- Prepare social work graduates to have a career locally, regionally and internationally.