GOVERNMENT SURVEY SHOWS EXCELSIA’S ONGOING SUCCESS IN PRODUCING EMPLOYABLE GRADUATES
Excelsia College has built on past success in graduate employment outcomes according to the latest Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS).
The GOS is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment and is completed by graduates of Australian higher education institutions approximately four months after completion of their courses.
Results highlight Excelsia’s commitment to helping students succeed beyond their studies and finding fulfilling employment and career outcomes. In the survey published on QILT, 87.7% (undergraduate) and 83% (postgraduate) found employment after graduating from Excelsia.
Excelsia works with students to develop the skills needed to work in business, creative and performing arts, education, counselling and from 2021 social work. Students can expect to develop vital and transferable skills in critical thinking, time management, leadership, and written/verbal communications.
The College’s high-quality training and supportive and collaborative learning environment prepares graduates for real-world situations and ways to evolve to meet the changing needs and workplace expectations of the future.
Investing in our students’ futures
- Our dedicated Careers Support Centre provide help and advice on employability, work placements and career outcomes. Across all our departments, Excelsia prides itself on both industry links, and on the nurturing of creative and independent thinking and the development of real-world skills.
- With veteran lecturers and career workshops, our Career Centre provides countless opportunities for students to gain the skills and insight in assisting them with their job search skills, planning careers, interview techniques and how to optimise engagement with modern platforms (e.g. LinkedIn).
- Students may also request a consultation with our dedicated Career Advisor to receive customised support and information on the next steps in their desired career. The consultation develops career goals, identifies potential obstacles and provides insights into chosen industries.
- With internationally renowned courses, Excelsia also works closely with industry leaders to provide work placement that focuses on equipping students with relevant skills.
- Excelsia is focused on developing high priority degrees, particularly post pandemic that prepare students for some of the country’s largest, most diverse and in demand industries. Our newly launched Master of Social Work and Bachelor of Screen Production commence in 2021. There are strong prospects for growth, as seen by industry forecasts for jobs in these fields over the coming five to ten years. The GOS survey revealed that 92.8% of Social Work graduates (postgraduate) are now in full-time employment and 79.4% in the Creative Arts industry (undergraduate).
- The team at Excelsia have established robust and frequent communications with our students to understand how they are being personally impacted by the current pandemic and provide reassurances where possible about how we plan to support them and their career future.
What are our graduates saying? Taken from the latest GOS results
“The quality of the courses and the accessibility of online resources, including access to staff when needed. The quality of instruction was very high.”
- Master of Education Graduate
“The lecturers were invaluable. They were kind, patient, understanding and provided timely feedback.”
- Master of Teaching Graduate
“Some of our teachers we exceptional and they were the best aspect of the course. They were knowledgeable and experienced, and those aspects rubbed off on the students.”
- Counselling Graduate
“My course helped me develop as a student and as a person. I was able to learn tactics to overcome my struggles with mental health to work in a professional environment. I am now able to liaise with people, stay calm in stressful situations, mount my own work and further my career in my field.”
- Bachelor of Dramatic Art Graduate