Grow your knowledge and career opportunities
As a professional teacher, you’ve learned to set goals for your students. Whether they’re working towards a test, a public performance or major assessment, you work alongside them to envision and achieve success together. Now, as you consider your own career goals, Excelsia College Online is there to help you take your next step with a Master of Education (MEd).
Perhaps you want to hone your skills in the classroom, increase your earning potential or become a leader in your professional learning community. Perhaps your eye is on a future role as a principal or curriculum leader. Whichever path you want your career to take, our online MEd prepares professional educators for advancement in any area of educational research, leadership and practice.
This 100 per cent online course can be completed in as little as 16 months part-time, allowing you to maintain your work, home and other commitments without compromising your study.
A faith-based approach to learning
Excelsia College’s respected academics will guide your learning from a faith-based perspective, teaching you to reflect deeply on the ways in which your Christian worldview impacts your role as a teacher and leader. Our courses are aligned with AITSL standards, and students will graduate with the confidence to lead in both religious and non-religious educational environments.
The entry criteria for admission to the Master of Education are:
- a four-year Bachelor of Education or equivalent qualification, and:
- the completion of postgraduate studies in a relevant field; OR
- professional experience equivalent to one year full-time in a field considered by the Faculty to be appropriate to the program of study
The entry requirements for those with postgraduate initial teaching education degree are:
- a bachelor's degree AND
- ONE of the following postgraduate qualifications
- Master of Teaching;
- Graduate Diploma in Education; OR
- Equivalent postgraduate teaching qualification
Applicants whose qualifying undergraduate studies were taken in a language other than English will be required to demonstrate English proficiency equivalent to the IELTS Academic minimum overall result of 6.5 with no band score below 6.0.
Other ways of demonstrating English Language Proficiency
- Approved language courses within Australia: successfully completed no more than 2 years prior to your commencement at Excelsia College.
- Tertiary degree studies undertaken in Australia: Successful completion of 2 years of an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree level study at a recognised university in Australia.
- Tertiary degree studies taught in English outside Australia: Successful completion of at least 2 years full-time of an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree level study at a recognised university in Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- Residency of an English speaking country: If you have lived in Australia or another English-speaking country for 10 years or more.
The Master of Education is not available to overseas/international students.
Excelsia's online Master of Education will give you the tools you need to be a leading classroom teacher and progress into leadership roles in education.
To earn an MEd, you must complete eight units:
Core units (Part A)
- Philosophy of Christian Education
- The Teacher Leader in a Professional Learning Community
- Curriculum Leadership for Rigour and Relevance
- The Biblical Metanarrative Applied to Education
One of the following specialisations (Part B)
Compulsory research units (Part C)
To receive further information about these units, speak to one of our Student Enrolment Advisors on 02 9819 8888
|Course||Master of Education|
|Length||16 months part-time|
|$1,910 per unit. FEE-HELP is available.|
|Faculty||School of Education|