• 4-year undergraduate degree, or
• 3-year undergraduate degree, combined with relevant education industry experience, and
• Grade Point Average of a Credit or above, achieved in an undergraduate degree
In addition to the above entry requirements, applicants are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) of approximately 1,000 words to demonstrate their field of expertise, the broad areas within which they wish to position their research, and how their research motivations align with and fit into education. In particular, the purpose of the EOI is to:
• demonstrate the extent to which the research project will result in a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge in education
• showcase applicants’ mastery of subject knowledge and familiarity with current research trends
• show evidence of how applicants’ area of specialisation (e.g. educational leadership, pedagogy, curriculum studies, educational policy, etc.) and varied levels of expertise are linked to educational settings
• match applicants’ research area with potential supervisors in terms of disciplinary orientation and research interests.
In addition to the criteria above, applicants whose qualifying undergraduate studies were taken in a language other than English will be required to demonstrate English proficiency equivalent to the IELTS Academic minimum overall result of 6.5 with no band score below 6.0. Equivalent test requirements are as follows: TOEFL iBT (internet-based) = 79 (no score less than 20), PTE Academic = 58 (no score less than 51).