Intakes are in February and July (with three round offers for Semester 1 and two round offers for Semester 2). However applications can be lodged any time during the year for the next academic semester.
Admission to the Institute is governed by the principles of merit, fairness, transparency, and timeliness found in the Student Selection and Admission Policy and Procedure. The selection and admission process is informed by evidence drawn from a range of indicators, including prior academic achievement and a student interview.
- The entry criteria for admission to the Master of Business (Research) program shall normally be:
- a Master's coursework degree (AQF Level 9) from an Australian higher education institution; or
- a qualification recognised as equivalent by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR); or
- other qualifications and experience as may, on application by the student, be deemed equivalent to (a) by the Academic Board of the Institute.
- A student’s entry qualification need not include studies in business, management or related fields, but studies in these fields would be an advantage.
- Industry and/or professional experience in organisational leadership, management, business and/or a related field is normally a requirement for entry. Candidates seeking entry to the program without relevant industry/professional experience will have to provide documentation to satisfy the Admissions Committee that they possess the relevant skills and background to successfully complete the course.
- In certain circumstances where it is unclear to the Admissions Committee or the Academic Board whether a student has the qualifications and/or experience to enter the program, the student may be required to attend an interview to determine their eligibility for entry to the program.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose qualifying undergraduate studies were taken in a language other than English will be required to demonstrate English proficiency equivalent to the IELTS Academic minimum overall result of 7.0 with no band score below 6.5. Test score equivalencies for alternative tests are provided below.
|Tests of Academic English Language Proficiency
|Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- based Test (TOEFL iBT)
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) from Cambridge ESOL test scores