1. Awuviry-Newton, K., Tavener, M., Wales, K., & Byles, J. (2022). Using ethics of care as the theoretical lens to understand lived experiences of caregivers of older adults experiencing functional difficulties. Plos one, 17(5), e0267658.
2. Asiamah, N., Lowry, R., Khan, H. T., & Awuviry-Newton, K. (2022). Associations between social support provided and walkability among older adults: health self-consciousness as a moderator. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 104691. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2022.104691.
3. Awuviry-Newton, K., Amoah, D., Tavener, M., Afram, A. A., Dintrans, P. V., Byles, J., & Kowal, P. (2022). Food Insecurity and Functional Disability Among Older Adults in Ghana: The Role of Sex and Physical Activity. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2022.01.065
4. Gyasi, R. M., Abass, K., Frempong, F., Obodai, J., Asamoah, E., Obeng, B., & Awuviry-Newton, K. (2022). Food insecurity and geriatric functional limitations: Observational analysis from the AgeHeaPsyWel–HeaSeeB Survey. Experimental Gerontology, 111707.
5. Awuviry-Newton, K., Ofori-Dua, K., Deku, C. S., Abekah-Carter, K., Awortwe, V., & Oti, G. O. (2022). Prevalence and determinants of care needs among older people in Ghana. PloS one, 17(2), e0263965.
6. Janssen, H., Awuviry-Newton, K., Simpson, D., Denham, A., Bird, M. L., Haracz, K., … & Bernhardt, J. (2021, October). Exercising, Socialising and Thinking: Environmental Enrichment Model (ESTEEM) After Stroke: Preferences of people living with stroke for a model of environmental enrichment to continue peer-supported stroke recovery in the community. In INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE (Vol. 16, No. 1_ SUPPL, pp. 14-14). 1 OLIVERS YARD, 55 CITY ROAD, LONDON EC1Y 1SP, ENGLAND: SAGE PUBLICATIONS LTD.
7. Asante, E. A., Awuviry-Newton, K., & Abekah-Carter, K. (2021). Social Networks in Limbo. The Experiences of Older Adults During COVID-19 in Ghana. Front. Public Health, 9, 772933.
8. Awuviry-Newton, K., Nkansah, J. O., Newton, A., & Abekah-Carter, K. (2021). Older people’s long-term care experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic in Ghana: a qualitative descriptive study. International Journal of Care and Caring.
9. Aregbeshola, B. S., Onifade, O. M., & Awuviry-Newton, K. (2021). Prevalence and correlates of anaemia among children aged 6 to 59 months in Nigeria. World Nutrition, 12(3), 58-74.
10. Asiamah, N., Vieira, E. R., Kouveliotis, K., Gasana, J., Awuviry-Newton, K., & Eduafo, R. (2021). Associations between older African academics’ physical activity, walkability and mental health: a social distancing perspective. Health promotion international.
11. Asare-Doku, W., Donnir, G. M., Ae-Ngibise, K., Peprah, J., Awuviry-Newton, K., & Acquah, F. (2021). Psychiatric Disorders among the Military in West Africa: A Systematic Narrative Review. Behavioral Sciences, 11(10), 138.
12. Newton, Abraham; Awuviry-Newton, K; Nkansah, Jacob Oppong & Abekah-Carter, Kwamina (2021). Understanding older adults’ functioning and health-seeking behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic in Ghana: A Qualitative Descriptive Study, Health and Social care in the community. doi: 10.1111/hsc.13452
CRICOS Provider Code: 02664K | ABN 50 360 319 774
13. Awuviry-Newton, K; Wales, Kylie; Tavener, Meredith; Kowal, Paul & Byles, Julie (2021). Functional difficulties and toileting among older adults in Ghana: evidence from the World Health Organisation Study on global AGEing and adult health (SAGE) Ghana Wave 1. Ageing and Society, 1-23. doi:10.1017/S0144686X21000453
14. Awuviry-Newton, K., Tavener, M., Wales, K., Denham, A. M., & Byles, J. (2021). A meta-synthesis of care and support for older adults in Africa. Journal of Family Studies, 1-22.
15. Awuviry-Newton, K., Ofori-Dua, K., & Newton, A. (2021). Understanding Transportation difficulty among older adults in Ghana from the perspective of the World Health Organizations (WHO) Healthy Ageing framework: Lessons for Improving Social Work Practice with Older Adults. British Journal of Social Work. 10.1093/bjsw/bcaa247.
16. Nkansah, B; Awuviry-Newton, K; Gyasi, Moses; Newton, Abraham & Boateng, Akosua Serwaa-Adomako (2021). Who doesn’t have challenges? I have a lot of challenges”: Exploring the challenges and coping strategies of neglected older adults in Ghana, 1-12, Journal of Cross Cultural Gerontology.
17. Awuviry-Newton, K., Ofori-Dua, K., & Newton, A. (2020). Correlates of older adult inpatients’ personal care provision to people with functional difficulties in Ghana. PloS one, 15(10), e0238693.
18. Awuviry-Newton, K., Tavener, M., Wales, K., & Byles, J. (2020). The roles and capacities of social workers in the lives of older adults seeking healthcare and their caregivers in Ghana. Health and Social Care in the Community https://doi.org/10.1111/hsc.13121
19. Awuviry-Newton, K; Kylie, Wales, Tavener, Meredith & Byles, Julie (2020). Do factors across the World Health Organisation International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health framework explain perceived caregiver availability for community-dwelling older adults in Ghana? Plos One
20. Awuviry-Newton, K., Tavener, M., Wales, K., & Byles, J. (2020). Interpretative phenomenological analysis of the lived experiences older adults regarding their functional activities in Ghana. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health https://doi.org/10.1177/2150132720931110
21. Awuviry-Newton, K., Nkansah, J.O, & Ofori-Dua, K. (2020). Attributions of elder neglect: A phenomenological study of older people in Ghana. Health and Social Care in the Community, DOI:10.1111/hsc.13028.
22. Ampofo, A. G., Adumatta, A. D., Owusu, E., & Awuviry-Newton, K. (2020). A cross-sectional study of barriers to cervical cancer screening uptake in Ghana: An application of the health belief model. PloS one, 15(4), e0231459.
23. Barnie, A. J., Nyarko, A. S., Dapaah, J. M., Appiah, S. C. Y., & Awuviry-Newton, K. (2017). Understanding Youth Violence in Kumasi: Does Community Socialization Matter? A Cross-Sectional Study. Urban Studies Research, 2017.