Certification of Documents
Your Proof of Citizenship and academic certificates with transcripts must be certified in one of the following ways:
1. Bring your original documents to the Registrar’s Office, where the originals will be sighted, photocopied and returned to you.
2. Take your originals along with a photocopy to anyone who is currently employed as:
- an accountant – member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, or the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, or the National Institute of Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents
- a bank manager, but not a manager of a bank travel centre
- a credit union branch manager
- a commissioner for declarations
- a barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- a police officer in charge of a police station, or of the rank of sergeant and above
- a postal manager
- a principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school.
3. Take your originals along with a photocopy to a Justice of the Peace in Australia with a registration number. To find a Justice of the Peace in your area, check the public register of JPs available online at http://www.australia.gov.au/topics/law-and-justice/justices-of-the-peace.
Please note you cannot verify your own documents. Failure to provide certified documents may delay the processing of your application.