Student Academic Calendar for 2020
- 2020 Academic Calendar (Business)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (Counselling)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (Bachelor of Early Childhood)
- 2020 Acadecmic Calendar (Education CSP)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (M Education)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (M Teach)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (Creative and Performing Arts - Music and Drama)
- 2020 Academic Calendar (September Intake)
Census date is the last date on which a student can withdraw from a unit without incurring financial penalty. If you withdraw from one or more units after the Census date you will be liable for the full fees for the enrolled units, whether you pay them directly to Excelsia College or defer payment through FEE-HELP. You cannot withdraw after the census date without incurring a fees debt.
However, if after the census date you become seriously ill, or other unforeseen circumstances over which you have no control result in you being unable to continue your studies, you can apply for special consideration which, if granted, would result in a refund of prepaid fees or a reversal of your FEE-HELP debt for the relevant units.
An appeal must be made to the Registrar using the Application for Special Consideration form, with supporting evidence of the grounds for the appeal attached. Appeals must be made within 12 months of the last day of study for the units concerned, giving all relevant details and evidence of the grounds for appeal and attaching all relevant documents.
The NAP (No Academic Penalty) Date is the last date on which you can withdraw from a unit without incurring academic penalty. If you withdraw from one or more units after the NAP date you will receive a WN (Withdrawn Fail) grade for each unit and this will be reported on your academic transcript, as well as count towards your overall GPA.
Exceptions to this can be made under special circumstances, and students must use the Application for Special Consideration form for any such appeal. Only applications that meet the criteria will be considered.
Special Consideration Criteria
Circumstances that qualify for special consideration for the reversal of a failing grade, and for the refund of fees or reversal of a FEE-HELP debt, have been determined in accordance with the Higher Education Support Act 2003 as those which:
• were beyond your control, and
• did not make their full impact until on or after the Census / NAP date, and
• were such that they made it impractical for you to complete your study requirements.