The Master of Music will equip you to impact your professional environment with high creative, technical and academic standards, as well as diverse approaches to music performance, composition and arts management.The course is offered with three strands of specialisation:
- Performance: Students work on perfecting the standard repertoire by honing their technical and artistic skills and undertaking comprehensive analysis of all aspects of their repertoire.
- Contemporary Composition: Students select four of six options for their major study, allowing students to concentrate on the traditional 'classical' aspects of composition or more commercial areas such as animation, advertising, radio, television and film scores. (taught in Art Phillips Music Studio, Balmain)
- Arts Management: Students gain the diverse skills and knowledge essential to running an arts organisation of any size, with units on leadership and management, public relations and sponsorship, business skills, and marketing. (offered both on-campus and online)
Within your chosen specialisation you will immerse yourself in a semester-long research initiative according to your interests and career focus.
- Flexible study options; full-time or part-time; mixed mode learning
- Specialised teaching staff